DearPDF for WordPress is available in two versions. DearPDF-lite version is available in WordPress official plugin repository and you can install DearPDF-lite from your wp-admin area. We recommend users try the lite version first. And when needed, then upgrade to the premium version.
Lite Version Features: #
1. Auto PDF file link Conversion(Beta Feature): #
If you have any PDF link in your page, they are already converted to PDF Viewer. This can be enabled or Disabled in Full Version.
GLFW Manual – Opens in Default Viewer.
GLFW Manual- New Tab – is set to open in new tab, so won’t open in viewer – opens in new tab.
2. Vertical PDF Viewer: #
View PDF documents in vertical mode. The most common layout used by PDF viewer, also available in DearPDF.
3. PDF Flipbook viewer: #
View PDF documents in realistic 3D Flipbook mode or HTML5 CSS flipbook. Best for showcasing design documents or documents that have aesthetic values.
4. Embedded Inline viewer: #
PDF viewer is added directly to the page or post using default inline shortcode. Best for viewing single PDF in a page. Not recommended for multiple viewers/PDFs in a page.
5. Basic Lightbox Popups (Button): #
Create popup based viewers and flipbooks that open inside a lightbox. Best for multiple documents in a page.
6. PDF Viewer in attachment page: #
Your PDF attachment page is already converted to PDF viewer without any need to create a DearPDF post.
7. Table of content: #
Table of contents(document outline) on the PDF is created from the PDF file.
Upcoming Lite Features:
- Flipbook Categories(UPCOMING FEATURE): Create categories and display flipbooks in a group or a list. New flipbooks on the categories are automatically displayed without changing the category shortcode.
PRO Version Features: #
- All Features from Lite Version.
- More Popup Light-boxes: Thumbs, Link and Custom type light-boxes. Example: https://dearpdf.com/popup-examples/
- CSS class name shortcode: Any builder that supports class name, now can use our CSS shortcode. Convert any element to trigger lightbox flipbook, buttons, images, blurb. Example: Main image on https://dearpdf.com/
- PDF through URL: Open a PDF, on same domain, in flipbook or PDF viewer by passing it in URL: Example: https://dearpdf.com/?pdf-source=https://dearpdf.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/glfw.pdf
- Auto PDF thumbnails (Beta Feature): Thumbs for PDF are auto-created to be used in thumb popup solution.
- PDF links: Links inside PDF will be clickable and open the links attached. Beware that the links need to be defined explicitly. Example: https://dearpdf.com/#pdf-glfw-manual/4/
- Auto Link Detection (Beta Feature): Detects possible links within a PDF document even if they were not defined explicitly.
- Global settings: You can set settings for all flipbooks
UPCOMING PRO FEATURES:
- Controls Customization: Add or remove controls in the flipbook.
- Translation: Change the text of controls and share text
- Google Analytics: Log flipbook load and first-page flip to detect basic user interaction
- Padding: Set left and right padding between the flipbook and the container
- Zoom Ratio: Control the value of zoom
- Share Prefix: Change the prefix to your need, the default prefix is
- Links Target Setting: Set the links to open in the current tab or new tab.
- Embedded Attachment PDF: Choose how to display the attachment PDF on the attachment page.
- PDF Partial Loading Size: PDF partial loading chunk size can be set as per your requirement.